Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prayer Journal, June 14, 2012

June 14, 2012 Thursday Prayer Journal

Excerpt from Come Away My Beloved written by Frances A. Roberts
"Release Thy Grief"
My child, lean thy head upon My bosom. Well I know thy weariness, and every burden I would lift. Never bury thy griefs; but offer them up to Me. Thou wilt relieve thy soul of much strain if ye can lay every care in My hand. Never cling to any trouble, hoping to resolve it thyself, but turn it over to Me; and in doing so, ye shall free Me to work it out.

My prayer~
     Lord I want to give You my griefs. I don't want to walk under their burden. Some are remembered and some are buried. (Here I actually wrote down every grief I could remember experiencing! Yes, there were a lot of tears involved! these griefs are between God and me, but I would encourage you to also list your griefs, give the list audibly to Him, then destroy the list. They aren't yours anymore, you have given them to Him. When you try to pick one up again don't let yourself do it! Say "No, that belongs to my Father now, He's working on it and will take care of it!" The peace is wonderful!)
     All of these I give to You Lord- If there are more I will bring them to You also as they are revealed to me. I give You all of my griefs and purpose to cast off every binding that prevents me from dancing in Your fields of Grace, that I was designed to do! I cast off the garments of grief! I uproot any bitterness in Jesus' name! I will encourage the joy of my salvation to bubble up through my soul, spirit and life. I will walk hand in hand with You, giving all to You and trusting You to resolve all issues, hurts and problems.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, God, and make my spirit right again.
    
     Thank You Lord for the freedom the joy and happiness that come from walking in a relationship this way with You!
     In Jesus' precious name and through His blood I pray, Amen!

3 comments:

  1. Precious!
    Only as we position ourselves to be full of Him w/none of us(our mind, spirit, self angers, griefs, selfishness . .) we are enabled to actually DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!
    YES YES YES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book also and it is awesome! Just had to say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Galene! I've really been enjoying my copy of the book also!

      Delete