Friday, December 26, 2014

The Day After Christmas

     Yesterday Was Christmas
   
     Yesterday was the day designated to celebrate Jesus' birth, we're going to avoid any discussion here about whether it's the correct day. It doesn't matter to me! I'm just glad we take time to marvel at the fact that He stepped away from heaven to be born as a man! That deserves celebration, right? And even more, that birth set into play a chain of events that has given me freedom from the dark world of sin that I was previously destined to live in. I'm happy to celebrate Jesus' birth! Joy to the world! Rejoice! and again I say Rejoice!
     But....I want to ask a couple of questions for you to consider, were you like the Inn Keeper? Did you have room for Jesus, or did you put Him in the stable? Did you give him a place of honor in the "guest room", a place He can visit again next year or maybe even Easter? Or did you clean out room for Him to have His own place...a place He can claim for the rest of your year? the rest of your life?
     Second question, now that we celebrated His birth...what are you going to do with Him? Forget Him until next year or celebrate Him everyday?
     I'm not going to tell you what to do here, I'm just trying to stir up something for you to think about.
     Oh, okay, I am going to tell you something to do, a teacher's heart is always trying to teach! Don't pack Jesus up with your Christmas ornaments, just to wait to unpack Him next year, same time, same place.
     Keep Him close to you, look to Him each day. Let the gift of His birth change your life! Live in the grace of His presence.

1 comment: