Sunday, December 21, 2014

Giving ~ God's Principle

Giving ~ God's Principle

"Tis better to  give than to receive"~ 
Has anyone heard that? I was always told that as a child, but I didn't really understand it. I always thought people were telling me that to manipulate me into not wanting to receive! 
     Now I finally understand! One of the principles that God has tried to teach us from the beginning is to not worry about what we receive, we should be more concerned with what we can give~
     He shares so many examples of this idea~

Proverbs 11:24-25 
Some give freely and still get richer, while others are stingy but grow still poorer. The person who blesses others will prosper; he who satisfies others will be satisfied himself.

Deuteronomy 15:10
Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.

Psalm 21:26 b
the righteous give without sparing.
(I am striving to walk a righteous path, so I'm told here that giving is part of that path...without sparing.)

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.


2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully


     There are many more of God's teachings about giving and receiving, because He wants to bless us, but we have to be a willing participant, doing our part! He wants to give but He wants us giving also!
     Why do you think He wants us to give? Maybe so we recognize that what we have is from Him? He will let us scrape and get by with little, but He longs to bless us. He is our Protector and Provider.
     
"Bring your full tithe to the Temple treasury so there will be ample provisions in my Temple. Test me in this and see if I don’t open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams. Malachi 3:10(The Message)"  
     If you're like me, you can have some pretty wild dreams of blessings! But also notice, He doesn't say I'll shower you with blessings and then you give...it's for us to bring our full tithe in and then He will pour out the blessing. 
     But finally, we're not doing this just for the blessing that God wants to give us, but we're doing it to honor Him! In giving, we become His tools here on Earth, we're His body, fulfilling His work, and bringing Him glory and honor through our lives, our actions and our giving. 





No comments:

Post a Comment