Thursday, January 17, 2013

Revival!

Lord! Loving Father! Redeeming Brother! Comforting Counselor! You are the Great I Am, the Alpha and Omega, the Amazing Creator - You know all things from the beginning to the end (but there is no end!). You hold the universe in the palm of Your hand! and yet You are mindful of us...even to know the number of hairs on our heads!
      When we grasp the truth of this, how can we let any fear take root in our hearts?!
      You are our Shepherd, You protect us, guide us and provide for us. Over and over You have told us "Fear Not!".
      Lord, I know I previously lived my life in my own power, what a foolish thing! I did what "I" thought was right. I prayed and asked for direction but I have only recently learned how to listen to the answer. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit living in me being Your Communicator, Guide and Teacher to my spirit. I have been "saved" for a long time, but I didn't know Your power. I had not learned how to walk, live, breathe and rest in You. Even now I'm still learning to grasp the authority You have provided for us! "Us" as Your children, but also "Us" as Your body on Earth!
      Thank You Lord! You have provided all we need to walk in victory, please help us find our way to the path of victory, please remove the scales from our eyes! Remove our apathetic hearts! I hear Your call Lord and I ask that Your whole body wake up and "hear" it as well!
      If this election had gone to the candidate that I supported would people have backed off on their drive to bring our nation into Your will? ...Probably...Even now we have shown ourselves too weak to support a man that wanted to stand with Israel and to protect unborn babies! We need You Lord! We need the strength of Your Holy Spirit poured out upon our Nation! We need revival that can only be brought through an outpouring of Your Spirit! Lord we pray now, Let it be! Pour Your Spirit over our Nation, One Nation under You! In Jesus' powerful name and through His precious blood we pray, Amen!
-Lorna Mercer

No comments:

Post a Comment