Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Perfect Christian or Christian?

     I used to have a poster by my desk at work, it said: "If you were accused of being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to prove it?". Have you ever considered what your Christian walk looks like to others?
     This morning my "walk" is on my mind, I know I stumble, I fall and I make mistakes, maybe that makes my life look like I'm not a Christian, but actually what it shows is that I'm not a "Perfect Christian".
     What I am is a person that has recognized that I am not perfect, I am a person who has heard the truth that there is Someone that was willing to pay for my imperfections and I have chosen to accept that payment to cover me because I was not able to make the payment myself.
     When I allowed myself to be bailed out by Someone else it put me in a position of considering the other Person's opinions and desires for my life are more important than my own.
     Choices I now make reflect what I do because I am a person that has been forgiven for a debt that I could not pay. I am in debt to the One who paid the price for me.
     The choices I make may not be evidence to anyone other than myself, but I do hope that my life reflects that I am a Christian.... sometimes it is something that can't be seen by the world. We can do many works that make us look like we are something that we are not....we can have a head knowledge and not a heart knowledge....it takes more than just works and more than just knowledge.....but yes! I am washed clean and forgiven through Jesus' blood and now live as His! I am a Christian!

No comments:

Post a Comment