Friday, February 7, 2020

Morning Love Letter

I used to go to a thrift store in Kansas City that was connected to a retirement home, so many of the things they sold were from people that no longer needed them. I adopted many bibles and some were gifted to others that didn't have a Bible, but some of them were special to me and I have kept over the years. The one that I'm telling you about this morning is a New International Version. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but this Bible has seen a lot of loving use, the hand marks are on the sides of it where it was held tenderly and regularly. It is a joy to pick up and hold where it has been held before.

     I have several Bibles in different versions, but I have my main one I go to regularly, a New American Standard. I prefer the NASB because it is most precise in wording to the original writings and as my husband says, I am a "word person" so I do prefer "precise" words. I could write about the different versions here but it's not my purpose, I'll try to get back to it in the future!
     This morning I was drawn to the well used NIV Bible. The Lord has created a habit in myself of reading in Psalms and I try to maintain it regularly, so picking up this Bible I flipped over to Psalms and noticed a circled scripture that was out of the order of what I was going to read but I was still curious why I had been drawn to this Bible and this scripture.

     Reading this scripture I found it to be about "healing". I have been dealing with healing in my own body recently and could see the encouragement in the scripture so I followed the noted scripture that was written in by the circled one and found it to be about healing also! This was not an accident or coincidence! The Lord brought me here to read His promises.
     Thinking that the healing path of scriptures would end at the end of Psalms I read through them and found that the path goes on into Proverbs, I'm saving Proverbs for tomorrow and to go back before Psalms to try to see if there are more scriptures noted for healing before Psalms. This is such a treasure the Lord brought me to and I am thankful and rejoicing for His morning "love letter" to me! Thank You, Father, You are such a good, good Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment