Friday, June 23, 2023

I have been realizing lately that a person can be changed by their circumstances. I'm not saying they can't be changed back to their original self, but they can be deeply affected by their situation.
     I have gone through quarantine with the rest of the world when we went through the covid scare, but I still pretty much live under quarantine. There was a diagnosis that I received that required a drastic treatment. Evidently, my treatment has compromised my immunity system and I will be under treatment for an unknown amount of time. I pray always for the Lord to let me know when this treatment can be stopped.
     So far this treatment is ongoing and has been for over 3 years. I'm not able to be around groups of people. The last time I tried it, I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. In our world that really limits a person's activities! With my diagnosis one of the biggest enemies is pneumonia and I've already been through it twice so I'm not excited to encounter it again!
     Anyway, with the medication I take I'm not really able to drive very far and my balance and energy levels are way off. I know this isn't permanent, because the Lord's word in Matthew 16:18 tells me that His believers, that's me for one, should not be affected. I'm not saying go and ingest something just to test it, I'm saying that because I'm required to do this, I'm protected.
     The point of this is that this week I was able to drive across town to have my blood work done. After taking care of that I thought I should go somewhere just for fun. However everywhere I considered I realized would be out of my abilities. If I went to a store I would probably buy something and not be able to carry it, if I went to the library I would find a book or two and not be able to carry it either. I used to be able to do those things easily, but now my world has changed and those are no longer options. I'm not really complaining because I have mostly adjusted to my new world and I truly appreciate the blessings in it. I was just surprised at the change I noticed in myself. 
     I think what I'm saying is to enjoy each stage of your life and appreciate your abilities! You may find yourself a different person with new challenges that you never expected, at least I have, but the Lord is with you always and His mercy is new every day! Thank You, Lord, for Your Mercy and Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment