Saturday, August 6, 2011

What a relief!

     Yesterday was really tough for me, but maybe it was because I didn't spend any time in God's word. I suppose everyday I need to make sure what I take into my mind and spirit is healthy, just like I need to be careful what I eat and drink. I wouldn't expect to eat unhealthy foods and feel physically well, why do I think I can get by with junk food for my spirit? I need to not put so much of my attention on the headlines in our news reports and instead put more on my studying of scripture.
     On another thought, lately I've been dealing with confusion caused because I have been listening to a lot of different teachings and trying to assimilate them. This morning when I prayed I was shown John 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it but do not know where it comes from and where it is going, so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."
     The different teachings all have God manifesting in different ways in different lives, one is lifted in the air in front of their congregation, one has gold sprinkled on them in front of others, one is put into a trance and shown visions. I can list the things I understand about all of this pretty easily, compared to what I don't understand.
  1. I do understand these are men pressing into God, they are pursuing the Lord and His will,
  2. God has a unique relationship with each of them.
  3. I cannot duplicate their walk or their experiences with God.
     I have been taking a beating, self imposed, to try to be just like them. I need to relax, pursue God with my *whole heart, spirit, mind and body and let "the wind blow where it wishes". What a relief!
*Matt 6:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment