Sunday, April 15, 2012

Be 100% Persuaded~

     I heard a message from our Pastor today that made me start meditating on the idea of how steadfast my love is for Jesus. His commitment to me brought Him to "His death", is my commitment to Him "to my death"? At the least little discomfort or trial will I turn from Him and say "well, this isn't for me, I need to try something else"? There are countries in the world, even today, where to say you are a follower of Christ is a death sentence. The people in those nations know that to choose to walk with Jesus is a choice that can cost them their families, their businesses, everything in the world they have, yet they still make that choice. Am I that brave? Am I that committed?
     In World War 2, when the Nazis were persecuting so many Jewish people, along with other's they deemed not worthy of their "Society", the Jewish people couldn't change their heritage, they were born Jewish, that could not be altered. A follower of Christ can be tempted to say a word that would change who they are, they can deny Christ and no longer be persecuted for being a Christian. Of course that changes their inheritance also.
     To give up their eternal inheritance as followers of Christ for relief in the temporary situation of their life on Earth seems such a large mistake that we cannot imagine anyone choosing that path.But how many of us have been faced with a life and death choice? How many of us have had our loved ones threatened because we love and follow Jesus? 
     The pastors message today was about making a choice, saying "Yes, I believe in Jesus" and then also being 100 % persuaded to live the life of following Jesus. Many have said yes to believing in Jesus, but that isn't the same as having a relationship with Him, even the demons believe. We have to be persuaded to completely give our lives over, to walk with Him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It can't be a Sunday morning relationship, or even just a relationship of convenience. If we are not completely sold out to Jesus do you believe we will have the strength of a relationship with Him that will stand us in a position that we will not deny Him? 
     If we deny Him in small everyday things, why wouldn't we deny Him when we are faced with big scary things? As I was searching my heart, you search your own heart, have you given territory to the world that actually belongs to Him, is your commitment to Him to die to yourself or is it one of convenience? Beloved, I am just asking you to take a look into your life, do you live for Jesus, or do you live for self?

No comments:

Post a Comment