Monday, April 23, 2012

Progress With Food Habits

     OK, my food habits are holding pretty well! I've been having an orange for breakfast and coffee. I follow that up with some cottage cheese and pineapple chunks(in natural juice) at least an hour later. I've read somewhere that you should let fruit digest for at least a half hour before eating something else. I don't really follow that with the pineapple because it's mixed in with the cottage cheese, but it seems to be working for me. All of my eating is spaced around 2 hours apart. Sometimes at the next 2 hour mark I may have more cottage cheese or it may be a cheese omelet. My evening meal has been soup a lot of times. I fix 2 different types of soup, one is a tomato based soup and the other is cabbage soup, my husband enjoys the soups as well. So far(in 2 months) I have lost 17 pounds and looking forward to losing more.

My Vegetable Soup(Tomato Based)~Low Carb
~this is approximate, because I mostly just chop and add without measuring~

2 cans Cajun style stewed tomatoes
1 package frozen green beans
1 head broccoli(chopped to bite size)
1 head cauliflower(chopped to bite size)
2 stalks celery(sliced)
2 cloves garlic(diced)
1 onion(chopped)
2 slices dehydrated jalapenos(fresh should work also), or more if you want it hotter!
Filtered water(enough to cover vegetables), or tap water if yours is good~
1-2 Tablespoons Beef Bouillon
3(or more) Tablespoons Worcester Sauce
1 T black pepper

I normally cook until the vegetables are mostly tender, then I add some frozen okra just because we like it in the mixture. You can leave it out if you don't care for okra!

This is a very satisfying soup for us~ and low carb! I have considered preparing some macaroni seperate and mixing it in at the last minute for Lane since he's not watching carbs, but he said he loves the soup just the way it is~

No comments:

Post a Comment