Monday, April 23, 2012

Psalm 23~Be Restored!

     We had a great message Saturday that is still rippling through my meditations. The scripture reference is Psalm 23.
     The parts that are still seeping into my being are the words that "I shall not want", that means that God provides everything I need! There is nothing I should worry for or be anxious about. God's word promises that I shall not want!
     The next part is that He "restores my soul". My soul is the part of me that makes me who I am, it's my "being", it's not physical and not spiritual...just me! And He restores it! After going through emotional trials and life's disappointments many of us hide behind walls that keep us from living our lives freely, myself included. I'm looking forward to complete restoration, I know I will be free to dance in praise of Abba and not care what anyone thinks, I will be restored to the joy and innocence I had as a child!
     I used to think this Psalm was to comfort those going through hardships at the time they were reading it, but after hearing the message given Saturday by Pastor Steve Gray I can apply it to my life and use it to be more freely me. I have nothing to worry or be concerned about except staying close to my Shepherd, He will handle everything else!

Psalm 23

The LORD, the Psalmist’s Shepherd.
A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment