Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Future~

     This morning Lord I awoke and considered that my life used to be one that was routine. I even felt trapped in the repetitiousness of it. Now I see that some of it was quite comforting. The joy of watching season move to season, the comfort of family close by, the assurance of what to expect month by month and week by week. I am just as predictable as other people in wanting what I don't have! Then I wanted change, now I want routine.... I miss fitting in with my farm, I miss family, I miss the joy of the seasons...  Yet!!
     Yet all of this is worth giving up to pursue You. I would not go back to all of that and lose the relationship I have found with You.
     I don't know why I had to let it all go to find You, except that I had it wrapped so closely around me that there was no space left for You? Now I have simply the bare essentials of what I need, and You comfort me. When I cry out in loneliness You draw near, When I have questioned the next season, You have promised Your protection and provision. My home has become that place under Your wing. Thank You Lord!
     There is nothing that I have "needed" that I have had to do without- when I fretted about finances You asked "what have you done without?" and I saw that You had always provided! When I needed a doctor and hospital care, You provided - When we needed a tow truck, You brought "angels" - When we needed somewhere to live in a new town, You provided an expense free place -  When Lane needed a new job, You provided - When we needed an apartment, You even provided an apartment with a lake right outside of our deck - When I needed a car, You provided - When we needed direction, You brought leaders - 
     For all the things I used to have and remember fondly, or even not so fondly I freely turn them loose with love, memory and no regret, for the future You have given me is lovelier than can be imagined in our worldly minds.
     A future in Your very presence! How sweet, how lovely, how amazing! ~

~Lorna Mercer

No comments:

Post a Comment