Friday, February 6, 2015

Expectant Waiting!

     Yesterday I was getting ready for my day, yes, it's not always a day filled with great doings, but I do like to look good for my husband, for myself and for God. We have God's honor to carry and represent in our daily lives, if we prepare to do it! I heard God's prompting in my heart as I was preparing.
     He told me that I am waiting for the return of my Bridegroom, it could happen at any time! I should be the one in society that stands out, the one that appears different, I should be the one that has a twinkle in my eye and the one that looks like I'm expectantly waiting! The one that looks like I'm ready for the return of the One I love!
     I should take extra care with my appearance, no house clothes all day for me! no unbrushed hair, no raggedy appearance! (unless I'm gardening!). 
     I believe we can create honor or dishonor  with things as simple as our choice of clothing. As an example, I had plans with my granddaughter to go to a movie, I dressed like I was going to a great occasion. I wanted to make memories with her and for her to have a feeling of the fun and excitement, I wanted to honor her! I put on a dress and jewelry with deliberate purpose and she did notice and it did make a difference in her eyes, often little things that we think don't matter, really do!
     If you're married do you remember getting ready for a date with your spouse? There was excitement and expectant preparation! If you're not married then you probably have still experienced that excited preparation for the focus of your affection. 
     Are we as excited about the love relationship with our Saviour, about His appearance(not to "beam" us out of here, but to see His face!) I'm getting ready daily to meet Him, a smile on my face and even a touch of lipstick! I'm calling you to the same excitement, don't focus on the chores of this world(they will always be there!), but raise your vision, Honor Him in your heart and your life! Be excited, live in expectation! 
     The Saviour of the world is your Groom! A man that lived and died for you! God's Son that stepped away from Heaven...for you! And He has gone to prepare a place for you! and now He will return for those who are expectantly waiting! 
     The King of Kings is returning for me, to receive me to Himself! There can be no greater joy than that fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment