Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Do Not Let My Enemies Exult Over Me!

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in You I trust,
Do not let me be ashamed;
Do not let my enemies exult over me.
Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed;
 Psalm 25:1-3a

     Who are your enemies? You probably start thinking of a boss, a neighbor, coworker, ex-spouse? But no, God's word tells us that our battle is not against flesh and blood, remember?

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
 Ephesians 6:12

     That kind of redefines your enemies, doesn't it? Maybe you should think of your temper? your envy? your covetness, jealousy, slothfulness, gluttony, selfishness, self-centeredness, insert your own idiosyncrasy here!  Youch!Those are part of us, aren't they?

No, They are your enemies!

     We are called to be a holy people, whatever hinders you from living a righteous life and walking daily with your Heavenly Father is what is your enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment