Sunday, April 19, 2015

Which Path Do You Choose?

     This morning is an early one! I have been quiet for awhile in writing because God has been quiet with me, but now I am awake and I've been give a couple of questions to ponder and to expand on.
     The first question is have you ever prayed against your own self will to the point of sweating blood? I can honestly tell you that I have not! In this context I am very self satisfying, I deny myself very little that I want!
     Yet my Saviour did deny His own will and prayed for help to do it! And at the same time He told His disciples to pray for themselves. I had always thought He was asking for them to pray for Him in His struggle. but in Luke 22:40 Jesus told them to pray for themselves for strength against temptation.
     I am being transparent, that's a new buzz word in the Christian world that means "honest" about my own life, so I'm being transparent or honest with you in telling you that I sometimes forget to pray for strength against temptation!
     I do daily pray Jesus' blood as protection and put on the Spiritual Warfare Armor, but I do need to remember to pray to not enter into temptation  and for the strength to deny it if I chance to encounter it, and odds are that I will encounter temptation. Our society is full of temptations and we need to actively prepare ourselves for those daily encounters.
     When we do encounter temptation, do we fight it? Do you remember that old saying "the devil made me do it"? People would say that and laugh like that should remove their guilt in something that they chose to do. Come to think of it, that's even what Eve said in the garden, it didn't remove her guilt and they still got kicked out of the garden!
     On the other hand, when faced with a situation that He could have side stepped because His own will might have led to a different path, Jesus followed through with His Heavenly Father's will. He struggled with it, He prayed His way through it...even sweating drops of blood! Have you ever struggled with temptation to the point of sweating drops of blood? I unfortunately have not. I have given in to my own will and let myself make some very bad choices.
     Now I purpose to set my will to live God's will, even when tempted to take the easy path, I do purpose to follow the path that may lead to prayers of sweating blood, do you join me? If it was the path that my Saviour took then it is the path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment