Friday, May 15, 2015

Hello!

     At our prayer meeting Wednesday a lady spoke something about her family that I believe could apply to God's family. Yep, another Christian article! But I am consumed by God, so please bear with me!
     She asked for prayers for her family but she also spoke of the church body as her closer family. She said she loves her children and grand-children, she prays for them, calls them, checks on them encourages them and does everything she can for them, but they never come to see her and only call her when they need something.
     Is that our relationship with our Heavenly Father? I sincerely hope not! But I believe in a lot of cases it is. We don't visit Him, we don't stop by to say "Hello!", we don't call Him unless we need something.
     I know grown children with their own families get busy, but is it because we are busy or are we just self absorbed? How much effort does it take to stop and say "Hello Heavenly Father, I love you!". If we were getting a text message from someone we'd be sure to stop, read it and text back. Take time to say "Hello!" to God, He's waiting to hear from you and His heart is hurt by your neglect. Just saying~

No comments:

Post a Comment