Monday, December 28, 2015

Want God's Will In Your Life?

     One lesson that is really tough for me to grab hold of is that God does not owe it to us to beg us or to work with us to get His will done. Over time He has several times given me a second chance and sometimes more, but now He is teaching me that it may not always be that way.
     Now He is showing me that He may tell me one time and if I don't follow through that I will be left behind in His plan. He does have other people to work through, I am not the only short, blonde Christian woman following Him and if I won't do what He wants me to, there are others who will!
     I do not want to be left out of His plan! I know He will continue to forgive me, but He won't try to work through me if I'm not going to do my part!
     I don't know if you desire to be part of God's plan, but I do, I don't want to be the one that is skipped over so He can find someone that will "listen and obey".
     I am trying to become more finely tuned to His voice and His leading. I have been praying for Him to open the eyes and ears of my spirit that I will be able to receive His leading more completely.
     Are you hoping that He changed His will or that maybe there's a shortcut? I'm sorry, but it's not likely that He'll rewrite scripture to fit our plans. So let's look at some of the things we've already been told.
     When Jesus was asked about what was the most important thing for us to do, the first thing He said was to "love the Lord God with all of your heart". Matt 22:37, Luke 10:27, Mark 12:30-31 If this is not something that you already do, then start! If it's not easy for you, then ask your Heavenly Father to help you! This is a paragraph from a good site that answers the question about how to love the Lord God with all of your heart "So how do we begin to love God the way we should? Just as the man in Mark 9:24 asked God to help his unbelief, so too we can ask God to help us in areas where we don’t love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. It is His power that we need to do the impossible, and we begin by seeking and appropriating that power. " http://www.gotquestions.org/love-Lord-heart-soul-mind-strength.html
     Next Jesus told them to love their neighbor as themselves. Have you already mastered these first two steps to living in God's will? If not you may want to ask yourself why He would want to give you instructions as to His will for today when you haven't followed any of his instructions for yesterday or the day before?
    You know we can fool people and tell them we've changed and from now on we're going to do things differently, but we can't fool God! If we try to tell Him "God, if you'll just tell me what to do now I'll start to love you with all of my heart and I'll even love my neighbors(a little?)!" He already knows if you're being honest, He knows your heart! It would work a lot better to tell Him "Heavenly Father, I have not loved You like I should, I'm sorry! Please forgive me and change my heart, help me to love You as I should!" and "Please forgive me for not loving my neighbor, co-worker, that driver that pulled out in front of me on the road, that slow checker at the store and change my heart, help me to love others as I should. I know I am not able to love them in my own power, but you can help me to love them!"
     Those are the first steps to learning His will, if you really want to know what His will is for you in the situation that you are facing now, you need to do a little foundational work first. I'm not saying that He won't give you your answer right now for this situation right now, because God CANNOT be put in a box. It is far beyond me to tell you any guaranteed path that He will take to reach you!
     God loves each of us and He deals with each of us as He sees fit, not as people try to say He will, but there are some things you can pretty well count on. If Jesus said that "to love the Lord God with all of your heart" is the first and most important then it probably is! So I would advise that you start there!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment