Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter Sunrise Service

We had the sunrise service last Sunday for Easter.....let me tell you it was COLD! FRIGID COLD! but during the service we heard about many of the early day Christians that were martyred. Part of me wanted to run to the warmth of the car, but part of me thought that I was a pretty pitiful Believer if the early day ones went through stonings, crucifixions, trials, having their heads cut off, being put in boiling oil and here I was that I couldn't handle a cold Oklahoma wind for30 minutes!? (besides that, I was the Preacher's wife, I couldn't bolt and run for the car!) I managed to stay for the full service along with the other brave, tough believers, but I was thankful that Lane cut the last song out of the service! Would you be able to walk the path that the early Christians walked no matter how uncomfortable? Would you stand firm in your beliefs or would you cut and run? I have been looking at this ever since last Sunday, I need to toughen up or how can I reach the world? How about you? Are you committed enough to set your comfort aside to follow Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment