Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Grow In Love

     In my study today I read that Paul was being held as a prisoner on a ship. He had given the men on the ship wise advice but they had ignored him and done exactly opposite of his advice. 
     Because of their choices they were now all in a situation facing death! 
     Some people, not me of course! =) would be tempted to say "See! I told you so!" And would possibly pray for their own safety....and for the other's to "learn their lesson!". 
     Here we see that Paul prayed for those holding him as a prisoner! Can you imagine? And not only that, but because he had prayed for them the men who had ignored his advice and were holding him captive were going to be saved.
     I have to ask myself if I would be so full of love and mercy for those holding me as a prisoner as Paul had been? I know I am supposed to love my enemies, so after asking myself if I would have enough love and mercy to pray for my captors to be saved, and saying maybe not.... then I need to pray to have the love for my enemies that I am commanded to have! 
     Lord, please give me Your love for people! Not only for my family and friends, but for my neighbors, strangers, and enemies! Help me to grow in this area because I know I fall short!

     "When they had gone a long time without food, then Paul stood up in their midst and said, “Men, you ought to have followed my advice and not to have set sail from Crete and incurred this damage and loss. Yet now I urge you to keep up your courage, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. For this very night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood before me, saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar; and behold, God has granted you all those who are sailing with you.’" Acts 27:21-24 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment