Monday, October 31, 2011

Am I Kermit? Are you Kermit? by L K Mercer

     I had a dream last night that I want to document. I've been told that I should be writing down all of my dreams but I'm not able to remember them all. I imagine a lot of people say "I don't dream", I went through a period in my life where I didn't even remember having dreams either, but now I know I have dreamed and am able to remember some and some not.
     This dream stood out to me in a way there was a lesson to be learned. I was in a park where people walked and road bicycles except it was in the evening and there weren't many people out at that time. I had my bicycle and I was going to ride i home, Lane had been with me but he had gone somewhere else with the understanding that I was tired and going back to the house.
     The ride back to the house turned out to be all uphill. As I was riding I saw two Asian children playing together sharing a ball and having fun. There was a little boy and a little girl, the boy stopped playing and came to give me a push up the hill, the girl kind of balked at the idea but the boy said I needed help. He pushed my bike with me on it up the incline until we reached the parameter of their play area, then I told him "Thank you, kind Sir!" he kind of shrugged his shoulders, smiled and said "you're welcome, ...(I could tell English wasn't his main language and he was looking for the right word) ...Kermit?" It made me laugh as I thought of myself with wimpy arms and legs like Kermit!
      After he ran back to his sister I had to push the bike, the incline was way too steep for me to ride the bike up. I pushed the bike further and came to a  drinking faucet, I was really thirsty by now and wanted a drink. At the faucet was an American woman and her children, the children had so many toys scattered around the water faucet I had to climb over them to get to it. I was pushing plastic cars, trikes, tables and all kinds of things out the way. As I was climbing over everything another person came along, dressed in the sleek, tight clothing of a serious biker, they had a water bottle and I let them go ahead of me, they climbed over the toys and got their bottle refilled and were on their way. I was grumbling and wondering why this woman didn't have her children move their toys, but it was as if she was oblivious to anyone or anything other than her children. The children weren't even playing with the mountain of toys, they were whining and climbing around her where she sat on the bench close by. The dream faded away at this point and this is what I remember. Sometimes parts of dreams float back to you at weird times but this is what I have now, if more floats back, I'll add it.

I have found several lessons in this dream:
  • 1. People shouldn't be categorized by their race. (I know I should have already had that one, but a lot of times in life I have had it, then life events cause me to put tags on a group and I have to be reminded to consider everyone as individuals)
  • 2. American culture has become spoiled and self centered, not caring for others as we should. (Being careful here not to put a "tag" on all Americans, but a majority are tied up in their own little worlds and not considerate of others, you can drive down the roads in American cities and see this displayed so sadly!)
  • 3. Children don't want/need possessions as much as they need training and their parents attention. The Asian children were happy with just the ball and each other.
  • 4. If I seriously want to run the race, I better get into some serious training or I'm going to be to weak to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment