Saturday, January 21, 2012

Asking God

     I recently spoke to an elderly woman of God. We were talking about things in life, family, government, etc. We agreed that we need to pray for family but when I asked her if she prayed for our country and government, she said "No, I believe God knows what He's going to do". I disagreed and told her I thought God waited for us to pray and ask Him to move. I told her I felt it was the same as when we want to hear from our children. She agreed, but I think her thinking reflects a lot of confusion that people allow to creep into their way of thinking. It sounds like a tactic of the enemy to prevent us from reaching out to our Heavenly Father. If the enemy stops us from asking of God, he also stops God from answering our prayers. Let's not fall for that trick! ~Pray without ceasing~

See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

 

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, Ephesians 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment