Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Spirit's Shield

~~Excerpts from "Make Haste My Beloved"~~
THE SPIRIT'S SHIELD

ONLY in the release of the seen do you lay hold on the unseen, My little one. Heaven waits for those who are no longer bound to earth. The degree to which bondages are exchanged for liberties while still in the flesh is in proportion to the extent to which eternal values are held in higher esteem that worldly success and possessions. I...
f a man loves Me, he will hold his soul more precious than his body and will pursue holiness at the expense of wealth; for to follow after that which perishes is to forfeit the prize of the high calling in Christ.

There is no place in the kingdom of heaven for a divided heart. It is in the division that love is lost; and to lose My love, My child, is to lose what cannot be regained. For a loving heart is a vessel of light and mercy. It is a receptacle into which I pour My grace. It is untarnished by avarice and indifferent to the call of worldly ambition.

To be united with Me in total dedication to My highest will protects the soul from forces of destruction. There is no safety in external circumstances. The only shield for the spirit of man is My presence. It is written, "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them." (Psalm 34:7) This is your safe-keeping, My child, and My love is your reward.

Excerpts from "Make Haste My Beloved"
(c)1978 by Frances J. Roberts

Email: kingspress@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment