Thursday, September 15, 2016

Chase God

This is something on my heart for this season. God's word over and over tells us to look to Him for all things, but we continually look to people.
     I guess it's a habit we start as babies looking for milk and a diaper change...and yes our physical needs are important too, but I think when we look to be happy or satisfied by our relationships with people we are setting our selves up for failure.
     How many times do young women think if they could just find the right guy then they are set for "Happily Ever After"? Or guys think if they find a woman "just like mom"(used to be the song or saying?), then they are set...and I remember one more, behind every successful man is a good woman...while there is truth in being "equally yoked", our relationship with our Heavenly Father really is a lot more relevant to our happiness, success or satisfaction. And what about the complicated relationships of parents and children...if I only had a  baby, or if we could just have children, or if my children would just listen to me, or if my parents would only love me or show their love or approve of me or my choices?
     Why do we continually look for acceptance, approval and love from each other? This flesh is only temporary, but God and His love are eternal! Quit chasing people and their approval and rest in His love...if you don't know how, ask Him to teach you, to show you the way, He will guide you beside the quiet waters, He will restore your soul, He will guide you in paths that are right....chase God and you will find Him.~

Psalm 23:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment