Wednesday, January 18, 2017

United or Fragmented?

     I have a thought that has been recurring with me lately. It is that as Christians we're called to be members of Jesus' body, His bride...not members of different churches or congregations. 
     Shouldn't we all be able to fellowship with each other and focus on the same beliefs and leave the different ideas or opinions at the door. If we all believe Jesus is God's son, that He came to Earth to die on the cross to cover our sins with His blood, giving us forgiveness and salvation and reinstating us in a personal relationship with God our Father....what does all of the rest matter? Are the differences worth dividing the "body" over? 
     If He is our Saviour, Redeemer, Lord and Master, if we love Him as we claim, then shouldn't we be living out what He has called us to, what He has prayed for us to be?

“I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. 
John 17:20-23

     There are more questions in my thoughts than answers. Lane and I have always visited different churches, each church has something that makes the body of Christ stronger! I wonder why are people so bound to only one church? The early day disciples moved from house to house for their fellowship! Why are Pastors so afraid of other church bodies? Aren't we to be fellow members in the body of Christ!?  Why are we not able to join together and be as Jesus prayed? Why are we not "one"? 
     And...how will we win the world when we aren't even able to join together? I have some beliefs about this whole issue, but I would like to hear what other people believe? Do you know of a solution? What is the answer for the problem of the fragmented church?

No comments:

Post a Comment