Thursday, September 1, 2011

Warrior's Prayer


     I'm not saying that I walk in victory everyday, but I do find this prayer to help me overcome an unseen force that wants to hold me back either through emotions, thoughts or even physical pain. I've been reading this prayer every morning for a few weeks now and it is making a change in my life.
     Please try reading it daily, even if you can't focus on all of the words, I read it out loud in the room because there is an unseen enemy that needs to hear it as well as declaring it for yourself and to God. Lane ordered this somewhere online for me, so I'm not claiming credit for it, but now him and I both are reading it every morning.
     Recently I was going through a real battle with depression and tears(I didn't even know what I was depressed about or why the tears were rolling out of my eyes), but the first thought I had in the morning was a negative thought, something to the effect of "another long, empty, pointless day"....see how that is from the enemy? That thought held me in bed, until this prayer came back to mind!
     After reading it for a couple of weeks now, I could kind of hit some of the high points, and was able to repeat parts of it, touching on each part of the armor. Now my goal is to keep the idea of it with me throughout the day. Every time a negative thought hits me, I'm pulling out a part of the Warrior's prayer that applies (this will be a challenge, I'm assailed with negative thoughts).
     If this is an issue for you as well, please, just for an experiment, try reading this prayer out loud every morning for a few weeks, but when the battle against you intensifies, don't stop, that's when you need to repeat it again. This morning I awoke, had a few negative fleeting thoughts, repeated it to myself as best as I could while still laying on the bed and shortly found myself telling my Lord, Thank You for this day that You've made, this day that You've given me to live in Your glory! What a difference from laying there thinking "why get up?"!
(it might be good to print or copy it off and keep it where you will see it each morning? I keep my copy with my bible that I read each morning)

Warrior's Prayer

Heavenly Father,
Your warrior prepares for battle.
Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on
the whole armor of God!

I put on the Girdle of Truth!
May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word
so I will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness!
May it guard my heart from evil
so I will remain pure and holy,
protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the Shoes of Peace!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel
so Your peace will shine through me
and be a light to all I encounter.

I take the Shield of Faith!
May I be ready for Satan"s fiery darts of
doubt, denial and deceit
so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the Helmet of Salvation!
May I keep my mind focused on You
so Satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.

I take the Sword of the Spirit!
May the two-edged sword of Your Word
be ready in my hands
so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warrior has put on
the whole armor of God!

I am prepared to live this day
in spiritual victory!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment