Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Heart Song (Posted on blog by Lorna)

     I was awakened this morning to a song on the radio, the words were "there can never be a more beautiful you" and my spirit immediately turned it around to singing the words to God!
     I am home alone a lot and have the radio going most of the time (I enjoy hearing other human voices when I move around the apartment). Surprisingly or not, God has many times used a song on the christian radio station to get my attention (example this morning!).
     The main point I'm getting to is the beauty of God! I've read that the angels are always singing in heaven "Holy, Holy, Holy" and in my human way of thinking, I had envisioned God sitting on a throne and the angels were in attendance, singing to Him. I hadn't considered it a lot more than that, except (in my little human brain) to think it would be tedious
     I've recently heard a whole different concept which I'd like to put forward as more likely true! When we see something of great beauty, whether it's a piece of sparkling jewelry or fine crystal, for men it may be a new car or motorbike, we all may be captured by a flower or fall foliage by, a sunset or sunrise, a rainbow, the mountains, the ocean, a lake, a forest? There are so many things of beauty that stop us and take our notice! But when something truly turns our hearts upside down with admiration, we start "oohing and ahhing", we even have a quickening of our pulse! If we find His creation beautiful, how much more so Him?
      God is Beautiful! He is more beauty than anything we can imagine, His very presence would consume our full attention, all of our senses would be focused on Him! That's what makes the angels sing! True admiration and recognition of the wonder of Him! As He moves and the angels are able to see new facets of Him, it causes them to sing out in joy, love, admiration and reverence again and again! Ooooh, Ahhhh, Holy! Holy! Holy! There can never be a more Beautiful or Holy God! That is how my spirit heard the song this morning! "Lord, there can never be a more beautiful You!"
     Lord, there can never be a more beautiful You, but I can learn to see You more clearly and more continually, I can live in Your presence and beauty until my heart song becomes "Holy, Holy, Holy!".

No comments:

Post a Comment