Thursday, December 8, 2011

Creation Groans posted by Lorna

     I've been reading in Romans for quite a while now, there is so much teaching and training packed into these verses! It seems as I read a verse there are about 3 things I need to absorb or assimilate .
     This week I've been working on absorbing the part that creation has in scripture. I have always tended to just think that it is there for us to walk on or to use for our purpose, but in Romans 8 it seems there is more to creation than I've understood before!

Creation waits:
Creation is eager:
Creation is expectant:
     

     Romans 8:19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

Creation has a will:
     Romans 8:20 Against its will, all creation was subjected to God's curse.~~

Creation has hope:
Creation looks forward:
Creation will be glorified:
Creation will be free from death and decay:
Creation will join the children of God:
     Romans 8:21 But with eager hope, the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

Creation is groaning:
     Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

     My mind is a little resistant to absorb all of this. It is amazing to look at the birds at my feeder and understand that they also are groaning and eagerly looking forward to Jesus' return. The trees, the sky, the clouds, the animals~ all of this is His creation and it is all eagerly looking forward to His return.

PS It makes me want to walk lightly through God's creation, not causing damage but a building up of the things that are in travail with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment