Thursday, December 1, 2011

Feathers posted by Lorna

     I don't know if this happens to many other people, but I know that I find feathers in ways that lets me know that they are not a coincidence!
     I used to enjoy finding feathers when I was a child on a walk through the woods, those times seem pretty normal to find feathers. But now feathers appear when and where I least expect them. 
     I have opened my bible which is enclosed in a zippered leather case, and a feather floats out. I've had some dark clothing hanging over the shower curtain and I know there was no feather on them! Yet when I went back to collect them to put in the closet, there is a bright white feather stuck into the fabric. One night I pulled back the bedspread to go to bed and there was a feather laying on the sheet in my place. One day sitting in my recliner reading a book, I looked down and there was the tiniest feather I've ever seen in my life laying on my blouse, it was less than half the size of a pinkie fingernail(I still have that feather and some of the others, I've started collecting them now) it was multicolored and so amazing in its tininess(I thought it must be a hummingbird feather, but this was when I was living out at the farm in Oklahoma and not feeding any hummingbirds, no hummers around me)! Yesterday I came home to find a soft fluffy feather on the computer mouse pad laying by the mouse and just now as I walked through the room there was another soft white feather laying in the middle of the living room floor. some of the feathers are white, some are multi colored, some are tiny, some large. There is no "average" to them.
     Even though my mind still tries to find explanations, my spirit tells me that the feathers are little love notes from God, letting me know that He's close to me, .The feathers give me joy and make my heart happy, maybe it gives God joy and makes Him happy to do this? I guess that makes it a win-win. I'm accepting that I don't have to have explanations for everything the Lord does, God is God, He can do anything! Even leave little love notes for me~ Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment