Friday, May 11, 2012

Dealing With "Self"

May 11
     Recently it's become my prayer to remove "self" from my life. It seems that since I've prayed it, that "self" has taken exception with that desire! I'm not thinking that more things concerning self have come into my life than normal, but self is more sensitive to them. Or maybe I'm just more aware of the battle.
     I heard a minister speak recently of how he deals with criticism. He said that since scripture says we should welcome it, he does! He even gives the person that criticizes him $5 and tells them "Thank you!".
     I have not reached that level yet! I'm still at the point where I feel like I've just been slapped and I struggle to not slap right back! God can reason with me and assure me I am His creation, not theirs, but I still fell this human desire("self") to explain to them why I am the way I am. That is "self"!
     My husband doesn't drive people to feel they need to critique his words or actions and yet he is as faulty as I am! (See, "self" is still here trying to speak or reason!)
     I have to overcome this concern with "self" or God won't be able to use me for His purpose. He has told me before that what people do on the outside(flesh) is of no concern. Only what is in my spirit is important. (That's a tough one to implement!)
     I am going to keep giving the "self things" that come to me to my Father, I'll continue to do this until it is so automatic I won't even be aware I've done it!

Definition: Self ~ Personal Interest. For my purposes here, I am using the definition of personal interest. This "self" is where the things begin that I want to eliminate from my heart "Self Pity, Self Centeredness, Self Absorption, Self Promotion, Self Indulgence, Self Concern, Self Applause, Self Seeking, Selfishness".  

No comments:

Post a Comment