Saturday, May 19, 2012

Garden

     So get rid of all uncleanness and the rampant outgrowth of wickedness, and in a humble (gentle, modest) spirit receive and welcome the Word which implanted and rooted [in your hearts] contains the power to save your souls. James 1:21    
     Lord, I am striving to put aside all "uncleanness" and "wickedness"(filthiness, vulgarity, cancerous evil). I give myself to You, to complete the perfect work that You have begun. Make my spirit the beautiful garden that You will enjoy resting in!
     While I don't always agree with the way The Message version of the bible states things, I do love this part~
James 1:21b God's righteousness doesn't grow from human anger. So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.

Garden ~ a link to the Misty Edwards song that describes the garden I imagine God is creating in my spirit and life~

2 comments:

  1. oh, to always have a quiet and meek spirit! sigh~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete