Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Be A Facet In His Diamond!

     I believe God sees all of His children as BEAUTIFUL! If you're like me, you are your own worst critic and find those words hard to accept. When we first came back to our walk with the Lord, He took a lot of time to work on my self image and showing me that I am "beautiful" to Him. I believe all of His work in developing the "Beautiful" image that He gave me isn't just for me but for all of those He has created!
     In one of the first church services I had been to in a long time, I was grumbling to God about how He had made me. I was questioning Him why He hadn't made me "petite"(another word would be "thin"!) and  "vivacious". All of this questioning was happening when I was supposed to be and should have been praising Him, but there I was wishing I had been made differently!
     God in His patience and love showed me a large beautiful, glittering stone cut like an expensive diamond, with many facets reflecting every beam of light shined upon it. He told me that He had made each person different like the facets on this stone. He said that if He had made us all the same we would be like a flat piece of glass instead of a beautiful stone that had so many facets that the light shined upon it reflected His Glory from every angle!
     At the time I'd been grumbling about the way I was made and received the previous lesson, I was thinking that I wanted to be like another woman there at the meeting, she was exuding energy and joy(vivacious!), and she was young and thin(petite!). As if God needed to add an exclamation point after showing me the "facets on the diamond lesson", I felt hands clasp my face and when I opened my eyes to see whose hands they were, there was the petite, vivacious young woman smiling in my face! God put it on her heart and she had come to me and was just smiling at me! I had to smile at God and her, and tell my Father, "OK Lord, I got it!", I am just the way YOU want me to be, plump and mellow, but still reflecting Your Glory!
     I'm sharing this with you so you will understand you are one of the beautiful facets that God created to reflect His glory. Be happy in the image He has given you, the purpose is to reflect His image, not your own. Better to be part of a beautiful God Diamond than a flat piece of glass~

No comments:

Post a Comment