Saturday, July 9, 2011

River Market, Corn 7/9/11

     We went exploring our new city today. We had heard of a market downtown by the river that hosts a farmers market on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. We enjoy fresh vegetables, or at least I do and Lane tolerates my preferences so I'm always looking out for fresh produce, especially locally grown. The River Market of Kansas City is a big project! There are restaurants, stores, spices, fresh veggies, fresh-cut flowers, many things to tempt you to spend. We arrived there late but as it turns out that's a good time to get bargains! The people selling fresh produce don't want to take their vegetables home to spoil, so they drop the price. We bought a bag with 40 ears of corn on the cob for $5.00. Now I'm going to be searching with Google to find how to process all of those ears of corn for freezing. I wish we knew some people in our new town to share some with! I did buy some other things, green beans, tomatoes, a cucumber, and jalapenos. There were a lot of herbs there too, the smell of the herbs and spices were wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment